Parenting Time Program
Domestic Violence Supportive Services
Division Director: Deb Bittner
Karlis Family Center
1777 Kipling St. New Location!
Lakewood, CO 80215 Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church
Phone: (303) 462-1060 7691 South University Blvd.
Fax: (303) 462-1315 Centennial, CO 80122 (Weekends Only)
Parenting Time Application (English) >>
Parenting Time Application (Spanish) >>
*Right click on the link and choose “Save Link as” option to save the application to your computer. Adobe Reader is needed to fill out the application.
The purpose of the Family Tree Parenting Time Program is to provide a safe environment for children to spend time with their non-residential parent(s), keeping safety of the child and the victim parent as the highest priority, through supervised visits, off-site visits and safe exchanges.
Supervised Parenting Time:
The Supervised Parenting Time Program provides a trained person in a safe, neutral, homelike environment to supervise contact between a child and his/her non-residential parent. Most referrals involve families with histories of domestic violence, child abuse, substance abuse or mental illness. No court order is required for supervised parenting time. Off-Site Supervised Parenting Time also available.
Safe Exchange Program:
The Safe Exchange program provides a safe and comfortable place for children to wait for contact with the non-residential parent under the supervision of Parenting Time Program staff. Without the Parenting Time Program, parents with protection orders use public places and police departments for exchanges allowing children and the victim parent to be exposed to intimidation, manipulation, parental violence and conflict.
To Make A Referral:
1. Each party must contact the Parenting Time Program at Karlis Family Center at (303) 462-1060, and complete an application. We can email, fax or mail the application to the client. She/he can also stop by and pick it up.
Hours of operation are:
Monday - Friday 12:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday 8:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
2. Then, each party must complete a face-to-face orientation. Please determine who is the paying party. Parenting time fees are determined per court order and sliding fee scale. To proceed toward the orientation clients need to:
- Provide a copy of the most recent court order and/or restraining order if one is in place. We DO NOT require a court order to use the program. If the court orders are too thick to conveniently fit into an envelope, please send a copy of only the pages relevant to the supervised parenting time portion of the order. Then bring the entire court order with you to your orientation.
- Complete the Parent Information Form that is included with the application. Please do not leave anything blank. Please be certain to fill in your income even if you are not responsible for payment so that we can use the data for grant purposes. This is confidential information.
- Sign the Fee Schedule that is included with the application.
- Provide proof of income (either your last three pay stubs or your W2 form from last year).
3. After the Program Assistant receives BOTH applications, the non-residential parent will be scheduled for a face-to-face orientation. Once that is complete, the residential parent is scheduled for his/her orientation. After BOTH orientations are complete and PAID, clients will be scheduled as promptly as possible for the first parenting time session with the child(ren). This entire process can take 2-3 days or months, depending on how quickly both parties complete the application and schedule their orientations.
A big thank you to our new Family Tree partner
Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church!
They have graciously offered their church for the Parenting Time Program.