- Provide warm welcome and premier service to Family Tree constituents over the phone and in person.
- Learn Family Tree programs, operations, staff and routing.
- Field volunteer inquiries and assist with volunteer trainings.
- Carry out a variety of short-term and long-term tasks both on and off the computer for the Gifts and Community Support Team (i.e. create bulletin boards and event décor, prepare flyers, enter volunteer timesheets into database, research corporate leads and grants).
- Assist with website updates
- Assist with court-ordered volunteer onboarding
- Our organization’s constituents will receive premier service and be connected with the best Family Tree staff member to meet their needs.
- Individual and group volunteers will be able to connect with Family Tree staff quickly for up to date and thorough information about getting started.
- Gifts and Community Support staff will increase their capacity to produce quality services.
- Family Tree constituents will have an enjoyable first impression of the organization.
- Administrative Specialist’s role will demonstrate the value of effective volunteer engagement and attract additional volunteers that can help build Family Tree’s capacity.
- This role will help Gifts and Community Support staff to fulfill strategic priorities.
TRAINING & SUPPORT
- Volunteer will have additional training from Director of Volunteer Services and support from Administrative and Gifts and Community Support staff.
- Volunteer is expected to be available for four months.
- The weekly commitment would include a minimum of two half-days (from 8:30am-12:30pm or 12:30-4:30pm).
- Attending evening and weekend trainings or group volunteer projects are optional.
- Passion for helping people overcome child abuse, domestic violence and homelessness. Excellent communication skills: listening, asking questions, typing emails, public speaking/facilitation.
- Ability to be creative: making flyers, updating bulletin boards, creating centerpieces, making signs.
- Experience working in professional office setting and collaborating with staff and volunteers.
- The opportunity to make a lasting difference for our organization by demonstrating the value of premier customer service and skills-based volunteer engagement.
- Gaining new skills in community support and collaborating with Family Tree staff toward the vision of being the best provider of life-changing services that end child abuse, domestic violence and homelessness.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and brief cover letter to Rebekah Hawthorne, Director of Volunteer Engagement at email@example.com.