POSITION: Family Navigator
DIVISION/PROGRAM: GOALS - Housing & Family Stabilization Services
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide Case Management for families in the Goals Program
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in a human services related field plus three years of experience working with homeless families or a comparable mix of education/experience working with oppressed populations required. Must be committed to utilizing a 2 Generational or multigenerational approach that focuses on parenting support, education, employment and child development. Building relationships with at-risk families. Knowledge of community resources. Establish and maintain working relationships with various community providers. Must have a valid Colorado driver’s license, car insurance, and acceptable motor vehicle record. Must clear background checks with Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI). Proficient oral and written skills.
- Support Family Tree mission and model Family Tree values of commitment, integrity, accountability, inclusiveness, collaboration and advocacy.
- Responsible for supporting families in achieving their stated goals to successfully achieve self-sufficiency.
- Provide and document case management according to specific program(s)
- Develop, monitor and revise housing stabilization plan with program participants.
- Engage both children and their caregivers in meaningful activities.
- Understand and adhere to Case Management best practices
- Participate in monthly Supervision.
- Work collaboratively with fellow team members and community partners.
- Promptly enter documentation and information into Client files and HMIS, as required
- Attend weekly staff meetings, supervision meetings, on-site and off-site trainings, and other meetings as requested.
- Adhere to all Family Tree, Inc. established policies and procedures, including those regarding timely reporting of suspected child abuse or neglect and confidentiality of client information.
- Ensure a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position is focused primarily on weekend shifts with the opportunity to cover other shifts as the need arises.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This position also requires the ability to meet the physical demands associated with essential functions: talking, hearing (ordinary conversation), and seeing (read paperwork, computer work), manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer, calculator and telephone. Lastly, must be able to physically exert force of 10-15 lbs.
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com to apply.