- Participate in weekly team meetings, every Wednesday 12pm-2pm, to be a part of new developments in program, team goals, assisting clients and challenges within the program and with clients.
- Assist Program Director with quality assurance of program operations.
- Learn the director’s responsibilities for program development, for supervision, for day to day operations, and for compliance with agency and licensing standards.
- Develop the positive and collaborative presentation of the program with community.
- Create materials, in conjunction with program staff and administrative marketing team, to educate community on the issues of homelessness and on ways for concerned citizens to contribute to possible solutions.
- Accompany Program Director on tours of facility and speaking engagements in the community, leading to the possibility of solo presentations and agency representation.
- Perform direct care staff duties, including addressing client needs for information and resources as well as engaging volunteers and donors to help with the program and agency.
- Assist Program Director with, monthly service reports, service statistics and written correspondence. Create renewed annual service objectives, policies and procedures manual, and update intern job description.
- Our organization’s constituents will receive premier service and be connected with the best Family Tree staff member to meet their needs.
- GOALS Community Intern will demonstrate the value of effective volunteer engagement and attract additional volunteers that can help build Family Tree’s capacity.
- This role will help GOALS staff to fulfill strategic priorities.
Training & Support
- Trainings that are required: Volunteer Orientation, complete Navigator online trainings, and shadow navigators when possible.
- GOALS Community Intern will have additional training from GOALS Support staff.
Community Interns are expected to be available for 6 months to 1 year. The hours are flexible during the day. Actual times and days vary depending on program and volunteer schedule.
- Seeking 2nd year MSW student in the community track.
- Completion of volunteer orientation, TRAILS check and approved background check.
- Desire and ability to work with homeless families and experience working in residential facility and/or working with homeless families preferred.
- Ability to represent the agency positively and appropriately.
- Provide positive role modeling for families and maintenance of confidentiality for client information.
- Becoming part of the Family Tree team, providing solutions for families in crisis to become safe, strong and self-reliant.
- Work experience to enhance the strength of your resume, including the flexibility to tailor the position to meet your interests and talents.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and brief cover letter to Rebekah Hawthorne, Director of Volunteer Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org.