DIVISION/PROGRAM: Domestic Violence Services - Roots of Courage
QUALIFICATIONS: Requires Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services field or equivalent work experience. One year experience in Human Services field. Two years preferred. Bilingual Spanish preferred but not required. Knowledge of domestic violence issues. Appropriate background checks required.
POSITION SUMMARY: Position will provide safety, structure, crisis intervention, and advocacy for clients in a residential shelter. Coverage may include days, evenings, overnights, and weekends. Must demonstrate a commitment to serving and working with all populations and people. This position is part time, up to 30 hours per week.
- Adhere to Family Tree mission, vision, values, goals, and personnel policies.
- Maintain confidentiality of shelter, employees, and client information per Family Tree policies, state and federal laws protecting victims of domestic violence.
- Demonstrate commitment to working with all types of people; including ethnicity, the LBGTQ+ community, males, all religions, and ages.
- Provide crisis intervention and milieu management.
- Answer crisis phone calls.
- Provide information, referral, and advocacy to shelter clients and crisis call clients.
- Complete phone assessment and process of clients entering shelter.
- Orient new clients to shelter and explain house guidelines.
- Complete intakes with new clients.
- Assist clients in developing individual case plans for self-sufficiency.
- On regularly scheduled basis, provide individual advocacy on domestic violence and case management issues, including safety plan and community referrals that aid in self sufficiency.
- On regularly scheduled basis, provide group support and education on domestic violence and self-sufficiency issues.
- Complete documentation, log entries, maintain case notes, statistics and other written information regarding client issues.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Present cases in staff meetings and offer input to other cases, including case coordination and case plan implementation.
- Complete exit work with the clients.
- Participate in the maintenance of the house and report all maintenance, food and supply needs to as appropriate.
- Complete safety check at the start of each shift and frequently throughout the shift.
- Provide shelter tours upon request
- Follow Family Tree child abuse reporting procedures as a mandated reporter.
- Attend regularly scheduled check-ins with Shelter Director. Communicate needs and concerns as they arise.
- Work with other Family Tree staff in a cooperative manner that allows timely completion of work and to ensure smooth flow of work in programs/departments within the agency and the community.
- Represent Family Tree professionally in the community.
- Adhere to Family Tree Roots of Courage policies, procedures, goals, and objectives.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.