- Assist with further research on social media networks in the service of communication and philanthropy.
- Work with Family Tree’s Communication Director to create and implement social media campaigns.
- Assist with developing content calendars on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Monitor analytics with the Communication Director to identify viable ideas.
- Create engaging social media content.
- Assist in general distribution of press releases and media alerts.
- Assist with preparation of organizational communications – email blasts, website articles, newsletter, reports, flyers, brochures.
- Participate in bi-weekly Gifts and Community Support team meetings and monthly Family Tree Communications Council (if schedule allows).
- Family Tree operations will receive the necessary communications and social media support to ensure efficient and timely communication to the community.
- Gifts and Community Support staff will increase their capacity to produce quality services for Family Tree employees, Board of Directors and Committees.
- The Communications and Social Media Intern will demonstrate the value of effective volunteer engagement and attract additional volunteers that can help build Family Tree’s capacity.
- This role will help the Family Tree Gifts and Community Support staff fulfill strategic priorities.
TRAINING & SUPPORT
- We ask each intern to attend the following trainings led by Family Tree experts: Volunteer Orientation, Domestic Violence Symposium, and Homelessness 101.
- Communications and Social Media Intern will have additional training from the Gifts and Community Support staff.
Communications and Social Media Intern hours are flexible during regular business hours (M-F 8:30am – 5pm). A four month commitment is required.
- A working knowledge of computers, as well as word processing and database management software.
- Knowledge of creative software is a plus.
- In-depth working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Experience with social media analytics, including Google Analytics and Facebook Insights is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a professional office setting and collaborating with staff and volunteers.
- Learning and demonstrating your skill-set for a premier not-for-profit organization in Colorado.
- Work experience to enhance the strength of your resume.
- Exposure to relationships Family Tree has in the community and helping to build on them.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and brief cover letter to Rebekah Hawthorne, Director of Volunteer Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org.