The mission of Family Tree’s Next Gen Committee is to provide education and leadership development to cultivate volunteers, ambassadors and future leaders for Family Tree and more broadly, the non-profit community.
The committee actively seeks members of varying backgrounds. Previous non-profit experience is not required or needed.
OVERVIEW & PURPOSE:
- Develop the next generation of philanthropic leaders through speakers, education and resources.
- Encourage philanthropic leadership through volunteerism, community engagement and fundraising.
- Expand the network of community minded individuals who are supportive of the mission.
- Gain exposure to the Family Tree Board of Directors and Committees through observation and shadow opportunities.
- Develop skills for future Board of Directors or Committee involvement.
- Educate participants about nonprofit finances, management and leadership.
Have questions? Contact Us
Phone: (303) 422-2133 x706
Committee Roles and Responsibilities
Next Gen Committee members are asked to:
- Serve a minimum of 18 months on the Committee.
- Commit to an average of 2-4 hours each month per committee direction on programming, events and volunteer opportunities.
- Demonstrate respectful behavior when representing Family Tree.
- Actively engage in the committee.
- Commit that the Next Gen Committee will be a better committee because of your involvement.
- Demonstrate your passion for serving the community and learning more about community needs.
- Make a personally meaningful contribution with time, talent, and a monetary gift to Family Tree.
An engagement(committee meeting, volunteer opportunity, or shadowing) will be held monthly starting September 28, 2022. Meetings will last approximately 1.5 hours with time for networking. Committee members are expected to attend at least 75% of meetings each year.
To join, please submit the application below: