Technical Support Assistant
- Serve as assistant to the IT Director. Perform basic computer technology support and tasks directed from the IT Director. Ability to lift up to 40 pounds desired.
- Completion of volunteer orientation and background check.
- Demonstrated understanding of computer software/hardware, willingness and acumen to learn.
- Must sign network technology confidentiality agreement.
- Must be able to work during typical business hours (hours per week will vary from 5 to max. 15 hours/week).
- Must have good judgement, maturity, common sense, and a high degree of responsibility.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- The volunteer will act in a non-discriminatory manner towards all clients, regardless of age, sex, race, national origin, religion, physical handicap, political affiliations, social or economic statues, affliction preference, or sexual orientation.
- Complete initial training.
- Complete basic computer support training hours (approx. 5 hours).
- Arrive on time during scheduled shift.
- Follow procedures for computer technical support from IT Director and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Complete and sign and record of hours.
- Opportunity to learn in depth technology skills in a real-time environment; customer support, computer hardware/software repair, basic network concepts, wide area networking, basic active directory tasks.
- Work experience to enhance the strength of your resume.
- On-going support, supervision, and recognition.
If you are interested in this position, please email Rebekah Hawthorne, Director of Volunteer Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org.