- Provide warm welcome to community donors dropping off donations.
- Retrieve donations from donors’ vehicles and prepare an itemized receipt.
- Sort, tag and price donations according to value.
- Assist with the store’s new parting and recycling program: plastics, glass, metals and more.
- Cross-train for additional responsibilities in the store.
- Community donors will receive premier customer service and feel appreciated for their donation.
- Thrift Store operations will operate more effectively- creating the ability to keep up with volume of donations.
- Family Tree constituents will have an enjoyable first impression of the organization.
- The donation processor position will demonstrate the value of effective volunteer engagement and attract additional volunteers that can help build Family Tree’s capacity.
- This role will help the Treasure Trunk reach ambitious revenue targets to and provide more support for families affected by domestic violence, child abuse and homelessness.
TRAINING & SUPPORT
- We ask each volunteer to attend the following trainings led by Family Tree experts:
- Volunteer Orientation, Domestic Violence Symposium, Homelessness 101.
- Guru will receive additional training from Treasure Trunk Thrift Store staff and volunteers. Commitment The weekly commitment would include a minimum of one half day per week (4 to 6 hours between 9am-6pm every day of the week).
- Completion of volunteer orientation and approved background check.
- Those with criminal history including theft need not apply.
- Passion for helping people overcome child abuse, domestic violence and homelessness.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills: greeting people, asking questions, thanking donors for their support and solving problems.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, stand throughout shift and withstand outdoor Colorado conditions- from rain to shine!
- Successful experience working on a team of staff and volunteers in a retail, non-profit, or other professional setting.
- Knowledge about parting out recyclable materials a plus.
- The opportunity to make a lasting difference for our organization by demonstrating the value of premier customer service and skills-based volunteer engagement.
- Gaining new skills in community support and collaborating with Family Tree staff toward the vision of being the best provider of life changing services that end child abuse, domestic violence and homelessness.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and brief cover letter to Rebekah Hawthorne, Director of Volunteer Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org.