- Assist Family Tree House of Hope staff with creating dinner for residents.
- Dinners may be prepared in advance and dropped off, or prepared at Family Tree House of Hope in accordance with the scheduling.
- Family Tree House of Hope staff will provide menu suggestions, resident quantities and special guidelines.
- Demonstrate positive social skills and commitment.
- Follow Family Tree child abuse reporting procedures as a mandated reporter.
- Family Tree House of Hope residents will enjoy delicious meals provided by members of the community.
- Dinner Donors will demonstrate the value of effective volunteer engagement and attract additional volunteers that can help build Family Tree’s capacity.
- This role will help Family Tree House of Hope staff to fulfill strategic priorities.
TRAINING & SUPPORT
- We ask each volunteer to attend the following trainings led by Family Tree experts: Volunteer Orientation, Domestic Violence Symposium and Homelessness 101.
- Dinner Donors will have additional training from House of Hope staff.
Provide dinner for House of Hope residents one time per month for 6 months.
- Completion of volunteer orientation and approved background check.
- Desire and ability to work with homeless families.
- Ability to work within chaotic environment - patience a must.
- Aspiration and ability to prepare meals for up to 40 people.
- Provide positive role modeling for families.
- Maintenance of confidentiality.
- Becoming part of the Family Tree team, providing solutions for families in crisis to become safe, strong and self-reliant.
- On-going support, supervision and recognition.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and brief cover letter to Rebekah Hawthorne, Director of Volunteer Engagement at email@example.com.